• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marshall Henderson

Marshall Henderson

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

EA has been building up a lot of Mass Effect 3 hype the closer Mass Effect 3 is to release. With it being three days away, they've shown that they have no intention of stopping with the release of the Mass Effect 3 Official Launch trailer.

In a bold move that deviates from its last few trailers, the Mass Effect 3 launch trailer is actually full of real, honest-to-Paragonness gameplay footage instead of the CGI and live-action business that we've been seeing up until this point.

Clearly, the best trailer has been saved for last. While the other trailers seemed to market Mass Effect 3 as a shooter for the shooter fan, this trailer seems to shows that a lot of that spirit from the last two games in the series is here.

Ultimately, we will know for sure when it releases, March 6th in the US and March 9th in Europe, on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Well, take a look!

http://youtu.be/bG2mdZ23eP8

How does this trailer measure up to the last few? Did it get you excited for the release?

Click here to view the article

#2 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm still not really hyped for the game, heh. Though I did like the trailer music in the beginning.

One thing I will say those is I am happy they used more gameplay footage, I dislike when games use CGI cutscenes to promote their games. While the cutscenes are usually cool, they really have nothing to do with the actual gameplay. Check out video game trailers on youtube that only use cutscenes for example...and if you read the comments, half of them are like "OMG - these graphics are so good and check out that gameplay! I want this game now" - Well that's great but what you saw doesn't actually pertain to what you will be doing in the game.

I'm sure this trailer will get those who were already excited even more pumped though, as it shows the story is coming full circle, into the final climax and it's even more epic than before!

#3 Shin GenX

Shin GenX

Podunk Reader

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • XBL:Shin GenXsis

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Wow... very nice trailer. Rivals some movie trailers actually... Loving the music and the war scenes.

#4 edlove

edlove

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

I think it was a well put together trailer. Got me excited for the game, but I'm already a fan of the series so I'm partially bias. The music really set the tone. Towards the end when all the battle sequences were happening, man, can't wait for this to come out!

#5 woopah

woopah

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

loving the use of the two steps from hell music :D this trailer makes me wonder how they will out do it for the next mass effect games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users