• 1,347 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

If you've ever wanted to listen to a Game Podunk podcast, what is wrong with you then rejoice I guess, because you finally can! Now, some of you may remember a few podcast attempts in past versions of this site, but...well, those kinda died. Fear not, though, as I have no plans on letting this one become a "past attempt." With enough support from the audience and motivation from the hosts, The Game Podunkast will surely become a nice staple of our fair community ;)

And now, without further ado, may I present to you...

The Game Podunkast

Episode 1: Heroes of Marmight and Magic

Starring: Jordan Haygood, Number 905, barrel, Marshall Henderson, and Khorne

http://kaptainj.podomatic.com/entry/2013-01-29T02_36_20-08_00

OR CLICK HERE

Subscribe to our RSS feed here

Note: Number 905 mysteriously disappears at some point. I honestly don't remember when that was...

Did you enjoy this episode of The Game Podunkast? What would you like to hear us talk about next time?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Man that silence is scary, we gotta do less of that next time.

#3 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hey, you better be glad I cut out the other 20 minutes of silence :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#4 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

I only listened to 10 minutes, but the quality seemed a bit iffy in parts. Apart from that it seemed to turn out fine, but if a member leaves again maybe we should inform the audience at some point during the podcast though...

#5 Ser Barristan Selmy

Ser Barristan Selmy

Podunk Jedi

• Members
  • 1,773 posts
  • Twitter:@will_snizek
  • Steam:kezins
  • PSN:kezins
  • XBL:kezins
  • Wii:kezins
  • LocationHigh Hrothgar, West Virginia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Great cast for the first one. I really liked the intro music and hearing what everyone sounds like.
<p>twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezinsPSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPGCurrently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player

#6 Sailor Liztress

Sailor Liztress

Sērā Senshi

• Moderators
  • 806 posts
  • Twitter:@TheLiztress
  • PSN:The_Liztress
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I learned some new things about Khorne. Guess I can't call him Khorne Dogg anymore. :( But Khorne Kitty don't have the same vibe...

Also, loved how 905's 'voice' changed at the end of the podast. xD

Great job, guys! Looking forward to the next one.

gallery_13_189_800699.gif

In the name of Game Podunk, I'll punish you

#7 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 779 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I learned some new things about Khorne. Guess I can't call him Khorne Dogg anymore. :( But Khorne Kitty don't have the same vibe...

Of course you can call him Khorne Dogg. Don't listen to Khorne's lies, he loves the pet names and puns, and if he says otherwise tell him to toughen up.

#8 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,677 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Thanks guys! Definitely will listen to this during art class today. Hopefully I can play it on my iPod Touch. Haven't listened to a podcast since last summer.

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#9 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,312 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

You guys have gamer announcer voices. Meaning it reminds me a lot of reviewers I hear.
Looking forward to the next one guys. You guys should focus longer on one topic. If you guys just blow through all this things what will you talk about the next episode?

Ill come back and edit with thoughts about it when I finish the episode up currently 4 minutes in.

-Aww Khorne keeps getting picked on.
-I wish the thing would change colors and there was a "key" to what colors go with which persons voice. Because things get a little confusing sometimes.
-My little sister still has Mario paint and the little mouse.
-When you guys start talking about Mario 3 and mothers disappointment xD
-Woo I got a shout out!
-*bleep* where did you guys get those sound affects?

kikyou1.png

#10 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Members
  • 2,233 posts
  • LocationEssos

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I've only listened to a bit of it so far but....

Jordan's audio quality is perfect, it's clear and I can understand him 100% of the time. 905's and Marshall's are relatively clear (thought they occasionally cut out or get muffled) but Khorne and barrel are much more quiet and hard to hear compared to the rest of the group. If you could somehow boost their audio or something next time it be much better on the ears.

I'll finish listening to it sometime later today lol

graphic.png

Jrittmayer.png

di-UH6K.gif

#11 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 779 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Jordan's audio quality is perfect, it's clear and I can understand him 100% of the time. 905's and Marshall's are relatively clear (thought they occasionally cut out or get muffled) but Khorne and barrel are much more quiet and hard to hear compared to the rest of the group. If you could somehow boost their audio or something next time it be much better on the ears.

Alright, funny how no one called me out on it despite us all pointing out Jordan's mic was too quiet before we started. But I'll try to arrange it (but I haven't ever messed with my laptop's mic, so we'll see. I guess I could also talk properly/louder and not be reclining while playing P4G like I was), IF I'm on the next show.

#12 Rex705

Rex705

Podunk Veteran

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Twitter:Rex705
  • Backloggery:I give up.
  • Steam:Colonist Rex
  • PSN:Xeno_Destroyer
  • Wii:Rex705

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

So will this podkast have guest stars like the old one or just the same old people every time?

1562y5v.jpg

Rex705.png

#13 zero110100

zero110100

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Who is Darrel? How to do you guys record this.Do you have one person recording Skype or do you all record you parts individually?

#14 rrquinta

rrquinta

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:rrquinta
  • PSN:CuatroChihuahuas
  • XBL:CuatroChihuahua
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Yes, I listened to the whole thing. :)

I think you guys get into it more toward the end, but at first you were a little dead. There were also quite a few issues with the sound quality throughout, but that's to be expected, especially for a first time.

As I said on twitter, I think you need some females on there (no, Khorne doesn't count, Barrel).

Posted Image

#15 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Personally, I think I was a little more dead at the end.
Posted Image

#16 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Members
  • 2,233 posts
  • LocationEssos

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Who is Darrel? How to do you guys record this.Do you have one person recording Skype or do you all record you parts individually?

Can't you tell? Jordan recorded it locally, hence his audio is so much clearer, no internet static lol

graphic.png

Jrittmayer.png

di-UH6K.gif

#17 Sailor Liztress

Sailor Liztress

Sērā Senshi

• Moderators
  • 806 posts
  • Twitter:@TheLiztress
  • PSN:The_Liztress
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I think you guys get into it more toward the end, but at first you were a little dead. There were also quite a few issues with the sound quality throughout, but that's to be expected, especially for a first time.

As I said on twitter, I think you need some females on there (no, Khorne doesn't count, Barrel).

I agree. More females would be nice.

You mean barrel, right?

gallery_13_189_800699.gif

In the name of Game Podunk, I'll punish you

#18 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

You guys have gamer announcer voices. Meaning it reminds me a lot of reviewers I hear.
Looking forward to the next one guys. You guys should focus longer on one topic. If you guys just blow through all this things what will you talk about the next episode?

Ill come back and edit with thoughts about it when I finish the episode up currently 4 minutes in.

-Aww Khorne keeps getting picked on.
-I wish the thing would change colors and there was a "key" to what colors go with which persons voice. Because things get a little confusing sometimes.
-My little sister still has Mario paint and the little mouse.
-When you guys start talking about Mario 3 and mothers disappointment xD
-Woo I got a shout out!
-*bleep* where did you guys get those sound affects?

That's great to hear, since some of us actually hope for this site to pump out video reviews in the future :P

The thing about us blowing through topics has something to do with this episode being about introductions and whatnot. In future episodes, we plan on focusing on fewer topics, allowing for broader discussions.

-HE HAD IT COMING
-Yeah, that would certainly be helpful
-Wish I was as careful as her with my peripherals back then
-You know your mom's a gamer when she's disappointed in you for not reaching the credits of a game
-Funny thing is that shout out from Khorne to "Kikyou" was followed by him saying how barrel will "kick you" xD
-Audacity tricks

Oddly enough, I use a Rock Band mic with scotch tape holding it together.

As for the others, I think part of that might have something to do with me editing out a bit of extra noise on their end. Another thing is that I had to raise the volume on their end, which made them louder but made the meh sound quality all the more apparent. Other than that, if you know any other ways I could increase quality on Audacity (or any preferred program), I'm all ears.

Alright, funny how no one called me out on it despite us all pointing out Jordan's mic was too quiet before we started. But I'll try to arrange it (but I haven't ever messed with my laptop's mic, so we'll see. I guess I could also talk properly/louder and not be reclining while playing P4G like I was), IF I'm on the next show.

Oh, you WILL be on the next show, OR ELSE I WILL TURN YOU INTO A BARREL FULL OF MONKEYS.

So will this podkast have guest stars like the old one or just the same old people every time?

Yes, we will have guest stars whenever anyone wants to be a guest star one week. Obviously, we won't be able to have a whole lot each week, but maybe one or two at a time.

*barrel

I recorded everyone via Skype. That keeps the recording from possibly turning out messy, like one time in the old one when Khorne forgot to record himself at all.

Yep, it was quite awkward at the start (like me almost announcing myself as the sole editor of GP), but we got more comfortable later on. That will hopefully continue next week, so it isn't awkward at all. As for sound quality, as I mentioned in this post, I had to increase the volume for the others to make their part of the recording louder, which ultimately emphasized the so-so sound quality we already had. Other than that, the choppy parts were a result of my connection lowering a bit in bar numbers, as I had to use my laptop in a more private area (wi-fi riffraff). I'm hoping to have the room with my desktop to myself next time, so that never happens.

Hey, I wouldn't mind a female host joining in, as well as any female guests wishing to come on the show. Perhaps YOU could even come on and represent Vivid Gamer ;)

Personally, I think I was a little more dead at the end.

Except for the part at the end where you showed us your sexy voice.

Posted Image

#19 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Members
  • 2,233 posts
  • LocationEssos

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Before trying any fancy solutions or such just try some simple stuff like having the quieter people raise their mic volume on their end as well as making sure you have no other programs eating up bandwidth (more stable connection).

I'd say get better mics if you feel so inclined but it seems you and your rock band mic were more than adequate :lol:

I'm assuming you use the noise removal tool in audacity to clean up the audio? Before using it, normalize the audio / remove audio spikes so that the audio is more level, then remove the background noise/static. I've found that doing it in that order works best, for me at least.

Haven't listened to more than 10 minutes yet so I don't know if you truncated silence at all, but make sure not to truncate gaps smaller than 1-3 seconds or so. You could end up with awkward conversations where originally there was a pause for dramatic effect or something and then suddenly there isn't lol

graphic.png

Jrittmayer.png

di-UH6K.gif

#20 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yeah my headset died after that JAAP episode, so I am using an old cheap one. I might be looking at getting a better headset in the future, but my budget is kinda tight.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Games, Video Games, Podcast, Funny, Introductions, 2013, Episode 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info