• Members
  • 4,807 posts
  • Twitter:kiet86
  • Steam:kiet86
  • PSN:DarkCobra86
  • XBL:DarkCobra86
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

My third playthrough was epic. Now I'm on my fourth and it's literally Insanity. Honestly, the ending I got in my third playthru was awesome.

Maybe people just need to play it multiple times to finally be happy with the ending.

#22 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:Shane_for_Wax
  • PSN:N7Spectrewolf
  • XBL:HouseMDfan
  • 3DS:1891-1677-6846
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Maybe. My EMS was also pretty damn high so that helped me get a better ending that excited me.

In the fell clutch of circumstance/I have not winced nor cried aloud/ Under the bludgeonings of chance/My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Posted Image

Beta Tester for 10 years. Game Reviewer for 5. Gamer for 20.

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

#23 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Maybe. My EMS was also pretty damn high so that helped me get a better ending that excited me.

In the fell clutch of circumstance/I have not winced nor cried aloud/ Under the bludgeonings of chance/My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I don't know what EMS is but I guess my point is if the ending can vary a bit, then just play it a few more times to tweak it per say to have an ending you might be more satisfy. Personally to me, people making too big of a deal out of this. This isn't the first or last game that is hyped to have a bad ending or wasn't perfect for everyone.

#24 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Oh, sorry. EMS=Effective Military Strength i.e. the number that matters when you get to the final battle.

In other news, I found this:

SPOILERS

Posted Image

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

#25 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Oh, sorry. EMS=Effective Military Strength i.e. the number that matters when you get to the final battle.

If that is the case, when I do play ME3, I'll make sure to max out EMS.

#26 Broseph Stalin

Broseph Stalin

Podunk Reader

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Twitter:@goodbyetonight
  • Backloggery:caitlinA7X
  • Steam:goodbyetonight
  • PSN:goodbyetonight
  • XBL:goodbyetonight1
  • 3DS:3437-4334-4560
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Maybe people just need to play it multiple times to finally be happy with the ending.

I played it twice and hated the ending both times.

This article explains everything that's wrong with it, but be warned, it spoils the game completely - https://jmstevenson....-mass-effect-3/

a-tribute-to-paul-walker_banner_zps0a9bd

#27 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

The video I posted makes my ending that much better to me. And makes the previous two endings I tried make more sense and less rage happen. :D

Either way, I'm not mad. But I'm apparently in the minority. Supposedly.

It's like how people said Sucker Punch sucked because they didn't understand it. But I understood it perfectly and thus appreciated it from start to finish.

Posted Image

#28 Broseph Stalin

Broseph Stalin

Podunk Reader

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Twitter:@goodbyetonight
  • Backloggery:caitlinA7X
  • Steam:goodbyetonight
  • PSN:goodbyetonight
  • XBL:goodbyetonight1
  • 3DS:3437-4334-4560
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't understand how people hated Sucker Punch. I think they were just mad that it wasn't the brainless action movie they were expecting >_<

a-tribute-to-paul-walker_banner_zps0a9bd

#29 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationMesa AZ

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

I don't understand how people hated Sucker Punch. I think they were just mad that it wasn't the brainless action movie they were expecting >_<

Eh, it was brainless. It was Zack Snyder's wet dream put to film in an extremely dull and nonsensical way.

#30 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

I played it twice and hated the ending both times.

This article explains everything that's wrong with it, but be warned, it spoils the game completely - https://jmstevenson....-mass-effect-3/

I might read this actually, I know it is bad to get spoliers, but I don't really care. I read enough spoilers in my lifetime, one more won't hurt. I'll still enjoy the game for what it's worth. But be interesting to see how they dissect this bad ending.

#31 Binary Pr0bl3m

Binary Pr0bl3m

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:BinaryPr0bl3m
  • Steam:shinjiyamaoka
  • PSN:ShinjiYamaoka
  • XBL:Binary Pr0bl3m
  • LocationThe Capital Wasteland

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

So. I'm a bit late on commenting on this. Pretty sure you all heard the news of the upcoming DLC that will bring some finality to the game. Personally, I was down with the whole <insert spoiler here> ending choices. But honestly, I felt as if the game brought finality to the branching stories. You just really needed to pay attention while playing it and do EVERYTHING. There were tons of people I know who just rushed through the game. Actually take the time to do everything the game has the offer...and for christ sake please play the multiplayer so you can get your Galactic Readiness to 100%...you will be pleased.

Were the final options ultimately similar? Yes. But ultimately, I support the original choice in the endings and have to agree with a few of the media outlets in saying that "This is how a trilogy should end."

*Coughs* Still gonna buy that DLC though. You know...just because...

#32 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

Is that dlc coming out because people wanted a new ending? Or was this already a planned dlc from the start? I thought I heard from another forum member that bioware wasn't giving in to the fans demand.

#33 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

So. I'm a bit late on commenting on this. Pretty sure you all heard the news of the upcoming DLC that will bring some finality to the game. Personally, I was down with the whole <insert spoiler here> ending choices. But honestly, I felt as if the game brought finality to the branching stories. You just really needed to pay attention while playing it and do EVERYTHING. There were tons of people I know who just rushed through the game. Actually take the time to do everything the game has the offer...and for christ sake please play the multiplayer so you can get your Galactic Readiness to 100%...you will be pleased.

Were the final options ultimately similar? Yes. But ultimately, I support the original choice in the endings and have to agree with a few of the media outlets in saying that "This is how a trilogy should end."

*Coughs* Still gonna buy that DLC though. You know...just because...

Don't need multiplayer to get your readiness up. I used the app for most of it.

But yes... the uh... DLC is a talking point. Some say the DLC was planned from the start because the ending was rushed thanks to the script leak. Others think it was because people moaned enough. We'll see.

Posted Image

#34 Palmerama

Palmerama

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:DPalmerama
  • Backloggery:Steam account: Palmerama755
  • XBL:Palmerama
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm guessing the dlc was planned all along! I mean they even tell you dlc is on thew way at the end of the credits! It's ludicrous!
The indoctrination theory is one thing but I find it as a grasping of straws and an example of hwo badly written & executed the ending was! The fact that all the endings are 98% the same is shameful.
Here's proof how similar the endings are:

#35 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

So if the dlc is all planned, then that is lame as heck too. So instead of just finishing the story as expected for most, you go ahead and make it bad and then you get to release another dlc and charge us a good $10 or so to make more money? Maybe all games should follow this formula.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info