Photo

Animes to suggest?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#21 PoukiSan

PoukiSan

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Oh my, oh my! Once again thanks everyone! This is quite a serious list I've compiled :P Wonder how long it will take me to go through it all!! I must revise the previous post again to add the movies as well :P

@Ludono: The frequency that I've been brought to tears by animes and visual novels has been quite embarrassing so I'll trust you on your comment on 5cm/sec :P
"One must keep his friends close Raziel... And his enemies, closer..."

Shamelessly stole the avatar from http://skeenoman.deviantart.com/

#22 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Oh my, oh my! Once again thanks everyone! This is quite a serious list I've compiled :P Wonder how long it will take me to go through it all!! I must revise the previous post again to add the movies as well :P

@Ludono: The frequency that I've been brought to tears by animes and visual novels has been quite embarrassing so I'll trust you on your comment on 5cm/sec :P

I really suggest school rumble, you won't be disappointed. Well if you just want senseless laughing.

#23 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Um...why do I no see Cowboy Bebop or Trigun mentioned? Everyone, I am disappoint.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#24 PoukiSan

PoukiSan

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Once again thanks to everybody who contributed to the thread ^_^ I started writing a blog about this to push myself to accomplish my goal of spending loads of time watching animes :P I think between all the suggestions here and the visual novels I wanted to play/read(?) I have my free hours for the next couple of years figured out :P
"One must keep his friends close Raziel... And his enemies, closer..."

Shamelessly stole the avatar from http://skeenoman.deviantart.com/

#25 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

Um...why do I no see Cowboy Bebop or Trigun mentioned? Everyone, I am disappoint.

You sir are correct and I am terrible for not mentioning bebop. That reminds me, samuria champloo is another great series, made from the same people of bebop. Deathnote is great too but I haven't seen the anime, just read the manga which was amazing up until the first arc ended.

#26 Ser Barristan Selmy

Ser Barristan Selmy

Kezins

• Members
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Once again thanks to everybody who contributed to the thread ^_^ I started writing a blog about this to push myself to accomplish my goal of spending loads of time watching animes :P I think between all the suggestions here and the visual novels I wanted to play/read(?) I have my free hours for the next couple of years figured out :P

There's never anything wrong with good anime. I was real big on anime back in the 1990s and kinda fell out of it until recently. I've been trying to play catch-up with all the things I've missed over the years.
<p>twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezins PSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPGCurrently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player/iPad Air/HTC One M7
http://www.gamefront...author/william/

#27 Wchillinman

Wchillinman

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

There are alot of shows mentioned here. Some of these shows I have seen but I also see some shows that I definitiely have to check out now. :D

#28 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

You sir are correct and I am terrible for not mentioning bebop. That reminds me, samuria champloo is another great series, made from the same people of bebop. Deathnote is great too but I haven't seen the anime, just read the manga which was amazing up until the first arc ended.

Kinda the same with the show, good first half but slightly too convoluted second half.

#29 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

Kinda the same with the show, good first half but slightly too convoluted second half.

You talking about deathnote?

#30 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

You talking about deathnote?

Yeah.

#31 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

Yeah.

Yea deathnote was only good until the first arc ended. The second arc was total crap and it may kira out to be such a pansy. Not the same kind of guy that was in the first arc.

#32 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yea deathnote was only good until the first arc ended. The second arc was total crap and it may kira out to be such a pansy. Not the same kind of guy that was in the first arc.

That sounds like DBZ - during the Cell Saga Gohan was a complete badass. Then he grew up and they made him an extremely weak / lame bookworm. :( It's a good series imo, if you haven't watched it yet. Though a lot of people on here say it's overrated and many other types of anime are much better and less drawn out. Maybe I am a bit biased because of the nostalgia of the show.

#33 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

That sounds like DBZ - during the Cell Saga Gohan was a complete badass. Then he grew up and they made him an extremely weak / lame bookworm. :( It's a good series imo, if you haven't watched it yet. Though a lot of people on here say it's overrated and many other types of anime are much better and less drawn out. Maybe I am a bit biased because of the nostalgia of the show.

DBZ? I think everyone watched that before, we all grew up watching DBZ. I completely agree. Gohan was such a bad ass as a kid once he realized what Goku did for him and then he went to destroy cell like it was nothing. But yea, once you hit the buu arc he was sooooooooooooo lame, I mean gohan grow some balls please. But he was such a badass mofo when he became mystic gohan. I love that line, "why are you here?" Gohan replies with "I'm here to kick your ass" or something like that. But that was so pimp. Then he got really bad again once he got married.

#34 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

DBZ? I think everyone watched that before, we all grew up watching DBZ. I completely agree. Gohan was such a bad ass as a kid once he realized what Goku did for him and then he went to destroy cell like it was nothing. But yea, once you hit the buu arc he was sooooooooooooo lame, I mean gohan grow some balls please. But he was such a badass mofo when he became mystic gohan. I love that line, "why are you here?" Gohan replies with "I'm here to kick your ass" or something like that. But that was so pimp. Then he got really bad again once he got married.

I mean that looked cool, unlocking his potential and stuff but he was still sooo terrible! He even lost to Debora; Vegeta surely must have been like "What does the scouter say about Gohan's power level!" - It's UNDER 100!!!! Also his whole Saiyaman thing prior to all of that was so ridiculous and terrible :(

#35 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

I mean that looked cool, unlocking his potential and stuff but he was still sooo terrible! He even lost to Debora; Vegeta surely must have been like "What does the scouter say about Gohan's power level!" - It's UNDER 100!!!! Also his whole Saiyaman thing prior to all of that was so ridiculous and terrible :(

Yea I know, they really made gohan...well I'l just say lame as an understatement. But that one part where he approached Buu and kicked his ass as mystic Gohan was amazing, you'll have to give him that much. But yes, everything else after the cell saga was down hill for Gohan, which is really sad because he was one of my favorite character.

#36 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yea I know, they really made gohan...well I'l just say lame as an understatement. But that one part where he approached Buu and kicked his ass as mystic Gohan was amazing, you'll have to give him that much. But yes, everything else after the cell saga was down hill for Gohan, which is really sad because he was one of my favorite character.

I guess I forgot about that, I just remembered him getting absorbed in the end by Buu, I think all the bad overshadowed those few good points about Gohan or maybe it's just that I watched the series over 10 years ago so I forgot certain parts :P But Gohan was my favorite character throughout the series, just wished they didn't botch him later on.

#37 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

I guess I forgot about that, I just remembered him getting absorbed in the end by Buu, I think all the bad overshadowed those few good points about Gohan or maybe it's just that I watched the series over 10 years ago so I forgot certain parts :P But Gohan was my favorite character throughout the series, just wished they didn't botch him later on.

Well I remembered as he was fighting buu and destroying buu, buu managed to stuck in Gotank (Gotin and Trunk) and started to give gohan a fight. I think that was how it was and Gohan either was distracted by trying to save his brother and not fighting back or Buu was just out right stronger than him after that. Another pimp part was when Goku showed himself to buu and was like, let me show you this. And in the end he was like, "This is what I call a super sayian 3." I was just like OOOOOHHHHHH SHIIIIITTTTTTT GOKU. haha.

#38 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Well I remembered as he was fighting buu and destroying buu, buu managed to stuck in Gotank (Gotin and Trunk) and started to give gohan a fight. I think that was how it was and Gohan either was distracted by trying to save his brother and not fighting back or Buu was just out right stronger than him after that. Another pimp part was when Goku showed himself to buu and was like, let me show you this. And in the end he was like, "This is what I call a super sayian 3." I was just like OOOOOHHHHHH SHIIIIITTTTTTT GOKU. haha.

I just watched those episodes again after speaking to you about it, it pretty much goes like that. Gohan is clearly outclassing Super Buu, he "self-destructs" in order to buy time (an hour) so he can get Goten and Trunks to fuse again into Gotenks, at which point he will coax them into fusing and absorb piccolo (for his brains) and gotenks (for his strength). Then Gohan can't really keep up and because he's outmatched by strength and wit (Super Buu begins messing with Gohan at this point - and he loses focus). Goku shows up with the earings and etc...

The part where Goku goes SS3 for the first time on earth was pretty damn badass but that was in front of Fat Buu, I remember him screaming for like 5 minutes as he charged up and shifted from SS1 - SS2 - SS3. Then he apologized to Buu for taking so long because it was still "New to Goku". Good times!!! I think the music really did a lot for me for DBZ, I felt that it added a lot of depth/emotion (I said it!) but I didn't really like the music for GT.

#39 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I heard they did that because of fan outcry. The creator wanted to put Gohan in the spotlight, but the fans wanted Goku back.

#40 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I heard they did that because of fan outcry. The creator wanted to put Gohan in the spotlight, but the fans wanted Goku back.

If that's true then that's sad, they didn't have to destroy Gohan which they pretty much did, they could have put him on the back burner but still be great, nonetheless, oh well.