Photo

Animes to suggest?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,485 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

I just watched those episodes again after speaking to you about it, it pretty much goes like that. Gohan is clearly outclassing Super Buu, he "self-destructs" in order to buy time (an hour) so he can get Goten and Trunks to fuse again into Gotenks, at which point he will coax them into fusing and absorb piccolo (for his brains) and gotenks (for his strength). Then Gohan can't really keep up and because he's outmatched by strength and wit (Super Buu begins messing with Gohan at this point - and he loses focus). Goku shows up with the earings and etc...

The part where Goku goes SS3 for the first time on earth was pretty damn badass but that was in front of Fat Buu, I remember him screaming for like 5 minutes as he charged up and shifted from SS1 - SS2 - SS3. Then he apologized to Buu for taking so long because it was still "New to Goku". Good times!!! I think the music really did a lot for me for DBZ, I felt that it added a lot of depth/emotion (I said it!) but I didn't really like the music for GT.

Oh man that is awesome, where did you watch it? I need to catch it again. But yea, when Goku screams for 5 minutes to charge up is the cookie cutter of DBZ. I remember how I get all excited about them half naked screaming for 30 minutes. The best part is, I would be like can't wait to watch it tomorrow and of course they would do the same again. Such good times, I miss my childhood haha.

Yea, you are right, that was fat buu because I can now remember his stupid confused face as Goku was powering up. And how Goku said sorry for taking so long.

Hmm that would suck if they did that for the fans. Another fan interference, wonder where we just saw that huh? :P. They could have easily put goku and gohan together though. It is DBZ for crying out loud, not that hard to milk it for more episode to give the spotlight to both the dad and the son.

#42 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Lol I agree with you wholeheartedly Cobra! That's pretty much the epitome of why I loved DBZ :P I always wished I could go Super Saiyan and fly around when I used to watch the show. Also "Next time on Dragonball Z" - I hated waiting for new episodes, lol!

Um, I just went to youtube and typed in Super Buu - there were some HD quality videos of the fights but I am sure you can find a link somewhere on the site.

#43 Iddeenkhai

Iddeenkhai

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

Why not try Steins;Gate ? It's an adaptation from a visual novel for the Xbox360 and PC. I'd say the story is very interesting. It's about a scientist named Rintarō Okabe who managed to invent a microwave that can send text messages into the past.

#44 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,485 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Lol I agree with you wholeheartedly Cobra! That's pretty much the epitome of why I loved DBZ :P I always wished I could go Super Saiyan and fly around when I used to watch the show. Also "Next time on Dragonball Z" - I hated waiting for new episodes, lol!

Um, I just went to youtube and typed in Super Buu - there were some HD quality videos of the fights but I am sure you can find a link somewhere on the site.

Oh okay, I gotcha. Yea dude, I wish I was a sayian to. I want instant transportation. I could really use that now with gas prices going up.

#45 Ludono

Ludono

Desu Gun

• Moderators
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Why not try Steins;Gate ? It's an adaptation from a visual novel for the Xbox360 and PC. I'd say the story is very interesting. It's about a scientist named Rintarō Okabe who managed to invent a microwave that can send text messages into the past.

Second this. Best anime of 2011 hands down. The visual novel is quite good as well, I was quite excited when I heard it was getting localized!

Tuturuuuu~~~

And in that same vein, Shiki is another fantastic title. 22 episode show about a village that gets taken over by vampires, very cool stuff. One of the creepier shows I've seen. It's also getting a dub from Funi if you're more of a dub kind of guy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Man there's plenty of animes that you guys recommend that I haven't seen. That Shiki trailer looks awesome! So much animes I want to buy on DVD/Bluray Combos. Still need to finish my FMA: Brotherhood collection.

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#47 Imst

Imst

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

I suggest you watch ONE PIECE, it's a great anime just like naruto and bleach but for me it is more better than other anime except for dragon Ball Z of course. Why don't you try to start watching One piece and I know you will love it too. Right now it's still releasing new episodes. It is also available in manga so if you want to be updated to what will happen you can read it. Hope you like it.