Photo

Episode 7: Tomb City: Raiders of the Lost Host

Video Games Podcast Funny SimCity Tomb Raider Violence Credits Underrated Games RPG DRM

16 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,342 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

One of our hosts appears to be missing during part of this episode. It's me, actually. Was I murdered? Did I take the money and run? Find out what happened in this week's episode.

Anyway, in this episode, we have another guest host - TKtheknight. We also discuss what games we're currently playing, talk about SimCity and its DRM fiasco, discuss the role of violence in games and narrative dissonance, talk about our favorite interactive credits sequences, talk a bit about the new Tomb Raider, discuss some underrated games worth checking out, reminisce on our very first RPGs, tell a little about what side projects we're all working on, and answer some more community questions.

Note: I apologize in advance for this episode's insane length.

The Game Podunkast

Episode 7: Tomb City: Raiders of the Lost Host

Starring: Jordan Haygood, Marshall Henderson, Number 905, barrel, Khorne, and TKtheknight

OR CLICK HERE

Direct Download

Subscribe to our RSS feed here

Did you enjoy this episode of The Game Podunkast? What would you like to hear us talk about next time?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

You forgot to credit someone there...

#3 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

You forgot to credit someone there...

Oh snap, you're right! I copy/pasted last week's info and forgot that Marshall was in the Alps :P

FIXED

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#4 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

I guess 2 and a half hours is too long for everyone, that or no one likes us enough to leave feedback...

#5 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationEssos

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

I guess 2 and a half hours is too long for everyone, that or no one likes us enough to leave feedback...

Yeah, 2 1/2 hours is quite the time commitment. I prefer it when a podcast runs around 1 hour to an hour and a half maximum, unless its a special episode of a show (say, a GOTY awards episode or something). Also with that length of time they usually tend to ramble on a bit too much (Haven't entirely listened to this weeks episode so I can't comment if this episode does this).

graphic.png

Jrittmayer.png

di-UH6K.gif

#6 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,661 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • Steam:tktheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight
  • XBL:TKtheknight
  • LocationInside a computer. I'm an AI.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Well I blame the daylight savings ruining our time management and Jordan's friend(s) telling him it's Mother's Day.

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#7 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,264 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

-Nice intro to TK guys lol
-Lol TK went big time pro host.
-Khorne started out happy... I don't know how his mood took a nose dive lol.
-2 hours 23 waaaaah.....
-Maybe it was so long because jordan wasn't around to say "hurry this up I'm gonna have to edit this later..."
-TK went kind of mute through out the podcast.
-I can only recognize khornes voice so far because he has an accent lol. (Not including TK I spent enough time chatting with him to recognize his voice)
-It's Lara! Not Laura! come on guys. I thought we went through this with Conan. xD
-I remember linking Conan, that review was hilarious.
-Augh no... don't talk about eating the little sisters.
-I didn't complain about that I liked it, if you kill just 1 then you are already a child murder. aka evil in the game. You deserve that ending...
-You guys should really think about shortening this things, try and stick to 1 hour or less. I ate breakfast, surfed the internet, read a few chapters of a book and I'm barely 1/4 done listening to it.
-Not that I mind it being long but if it was compact it would attract a lot more attention from casual viewers.
-Lol tks mom wants him to take out the trash.
-Glad you mentioned that about Drake.
-Also I don't think the world is ready for that kind of reality in games. If you get emotionally invested over every person you kill it could seriously hurt the person playing it in real life. Specially kids that aren't even suppose to be playing those games.
-People are fine with head shots as long as you don't have to think the AI has a family, has goals in life, doesn't want to die, would beg for there life, is struggling to survive.
-I mean it's just way to personal lol.
-Making games sounds fun. I would look in to them when you do have something to show.
-Cool answers... what was that crunchy sound when marshal was answering the journalism question? xD
-Oh you...
-GP has high standards, we know lol.
-I like the conversation about informed dissections. Pretty well informed topic. Specially about the more popular game journalist. Thats why I don't trust big gaming channels some are clearly getting payed off.
-The new tomb raider sounds awesome.
-You guys keep giving Drake a Goofy voice lol. Goofy has never been that good looking.
-Well it is a reboot guys..
-Everyone talked at once lol.
-I have never seen the GP youtube channel. Not seen it mentioned...
-Oh bacon...
-I think gamers but I don't mind players.
-Movie enthusiast I think.
-Kawaii Khorne, it's a thing now.
-Man importing copies... that sounds expensive.
-Tk is trying to balance out khornes negative energies.
-"You didn't thank me when I bought a head set just for this...." "Well bleeep you" xD
-"I don't know why I live anymore" geez khorne you just had to sneak that last one in there didn't you?
-You think my comment is long... you should listen to the podcast >_>

kikyou1.png

#8 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Honey, I lived the podcast, don't talk to me about long.
Posted Image

#9 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Haha good points Kiky! Yeah I was mute a lot. You're not the only one to tell me that. I learned a lot so hopefully I can speak more in the future. Also lol can't believe you didn't edit out my mom yelling at me, but it's cool to keep the humor in it. I plan on practicing and possibly doing a podcast with my friends soon though. Anyways long episode, but I still enjoyed it. :3

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#10 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 757 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Indeed. I was itching for excuses to leave, and the other podcast members kept shooting me down every time I said: "Do we want to save some of the questions for next week?" and they replied "NOPE, EVERY QUESTION NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED THIS WEEK".

#11 Rex705

Rex705

Podunk Veteran

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Twitter:Rex705
  • Backloggery:I give up.
  • Steam:Colonist Rex
  • PSN:Xeno_Destroyer
  • Wii:Rex705

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I fell asleep again so I will be well rested and ready to enjoy the next Bacon podcast. I lasted for one hour before I dozed off.

1562y5v.jpg

Rex705.png

#12 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationEssos

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

I fell asleep again so I will be well rested and ready to enjoy the next Bacon podcast. I lasted for one hour before I dozed off.

^Looks like you guys have a listener who needs some more action to stay interested!

graphic.png

Jrittmayer.png

di-UH6K.gif

#13 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, 2 1/2 hours is quite the time commitment. I prefer it when a podcast runs around 1 hour to an hour and a half maximum, unless its a special episode of a show (say, a GOTY awards episode or something). Also with that length of time they usually tend to ramble on a bit too much (Haven't entirely listened to this weeks episode so I can't comment if this episode does this).

This just in: from now on, this podcast shall be around 1 hour at most. Not just because many of you seem to want that, but because Jason's boss also does. Yes, Jason has a boss, and it's probably best to obey her...

Well I blame the daylight savings ruining our time management and Jordan's friend(s) telling him it's Mother's Day.

For the record, I didn't visit my grandma because I thought it was Mother's Day :P . I read someone say it was, which is the reason I thought this already-planned visit was scheduled for that specific day by my aunt and uncle.

Cool story, bro.

^Looks like you guys have a listener who needs some more action to stay interested!

Guess we need more violence and car chases up in this podcast. That'll be interesting. I apologize in advance, Khorne.

Posted Image

#14 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

For doing an hour of podcast, probably have to cut down a few questions or something. Do to everything to cover all topics then maybe split the long episode into to two parts.

For example we could have done this episode in two parts into Episode 7 and 7.5

#15 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I was originally thinking about doing two episodes a week from the same recording, but while discussing that with the others, we decided to just discuss two topics, cut how much time we spend talking about what we're playing, and only answer questions for a certain amount of time. That way, we can save topics and questions for other episodes and cut the whole thing down to a size everyone can agree with.

Posted Image

#16 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,264 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I was originally thinking about doing two episodes a week from the same recording, but while discussing that with the others, we decided to just discuss two topics, cut how much time we spend talking about what we're playing, and only answer questions for a certain amount of time. That way, we can save topics and questions for other episodes and cut the whole thing down to a size everyone can agree with.

Good idea I would also suggest that while answering questions only people that either feel like answering or think they have worth while input should answer. I noticed that some people where forcing their answers in the last part and I'm thinking if you don't feel like answering or don't really have anything to say you shouldn't be forced to.

Not only would that speed things up but it would be better for the people participating in the podcast.

kikyou1.png

#17 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Good idea I would also suggest that while answering questions only people that either feel like answering or think they have worth while input should answer. I noticed that some people where forcing their answers in the last part and I'm thinking if you don't feel like answering or don't really have anything to say you shouldn't be forced to.

Not only would that speed things up but it would be better for the people participating in the podcast.

Yeah, good call. Like, maybe we should discuss who we designate certain questions to or something.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Games, Podcast, Funny, SimCity, Tomb Raider, Violence, Credits, Underrated Games, RPG, DRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info