• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Came across this link from someone on Twitter earlier. Basically it's a crazy expensive custom piece of jewelry - a Mega Man X diamond pendant that costs $2,620.

I'd post pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment to upload a picture here and I don't want to hotlink either, so check it out at the link below. They also have other custom pieces of video game-based jewelry as well.

It's definitely cool, but I can't help but wonder if any gamer would actually pay that much for something like that unless they were pretty rich or really into collecting that kind of stuff.

http://www.traxnyc.c...-item27490.html
Posted Image

#2 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,396 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Not only would you have to be a gamer, be rich, but you would have to be a jewellery fan and you would have to like megaman... and finally you would wear something like that. It looks very well crafted but for me it's a little to flashy....

kikyou1.png

#3 Marshall Henderson

Marshall Henderson

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Maybe it's indicative of living in Spartanburg, but whenever I go into pawn shops, I always see junk like that (though usually like Batman or Mario themed or something). Apparently there's a market for that kind of thing (though the fact that they always wind up in pawn shops here...), so I don't know.

#4 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,745 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

No way I would be paying that much for a jewelry. I think it's probably good for those rich gamers who love collecting gaming related memoribilia.

Random Rant
Spoiler

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#5 Venom

Venom

Podunk Engineer

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • Twitter:@vennimous
  • Steam:Vinnie Venomous
  • PSN:Star_Woolph
  • 3DS:3738-0044-8509
  • LocationTN

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

That's kinda neat, I guess, but way too expensive. The most I've paid for game-related jewelry (or any jewelry for myself, now that I think about it) is the $20 or so I paid for my Skyrim pendant, and I lost it, so I'm definitely not going to chance losing something that cost 2 grand. xD

#6 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Members
  • 2,060 posts
  • Twitter:@gaiages
  • Backloggery:gaiages
  • XBL:gaiages
  • 3DS:4554-0674-7726
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

@TK - Actually, they spend most of their money on cars. Multiple sports cars, usually. Buying jewelry is with money that typically only chump change to them, with a couple exceptions.

I dunno, I find it kinda gaudy as a piece of jewelry. It'd be an awesome ultra expensive figurine, but as something to wear? Nah.

Also interesting is the other works available, like the Mario Stars and whatnot. I like the stars a lot more personally, but they're not exactly cheap either. :P
Posted Image

#7 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,240 posts
  • Twitter:kiet86
  • Steam:kiet86
  • PSN:DarkCobra86
  • XBL:DarkCobra86
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

This is kinda cool but the actually jewelry itself is pretty ugly looking to me. I personally wouldn't buy it. I'm not that flashy with jewelry so I won't wear it. I really only wear watches. So if I was to buy this, it would be for a female and I'm pretty sure most of my female friend would prefer a different jewelry than this one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mega Man, jewelry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users