Photo

Episode 11: Free Hamburgers (Featuring MC Marshall, Khorne Dogg, and Lil' Barrel)

Video Games Podcast Funny BioShock Infinite Tomb Raider Ninja Gaiden 3 Vita 3DS Borderlands 2 Assassins Creed III

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Looks like I couldn't make it this time. Why? Because in this episode, I get murdered! As for the surviving members, they discuss what games they're currently playing, talk a bit about Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, chat about Record of Agarest War on Greenlight, discuss voice acting in games, talk about the gender gap in pay, discuss the fall of AAA titles, and answer some community questions. But most importantly, there be some freestyle rap goin' on at some point, yo. With a beat. Yep, I seriously did that. You'll hear it at around the 21-minute mark.

The Game Podunkast

Episode 11: Free Hamburgers (Featuring MC Marshall, Khorne Dogg, and Lil' Barrel)

Starring: MC Marshall, Khorne Dogg, and Lil' Barrel

http://kaptainj.podomatic.com/entry/2013-04-10T00_13_16-07_00

OR CLICK HERE

Direct Download

Subscribe to our RSS feed here

Did you enjoy this episode of The Game Podunkast? What would you like to hear us talk about next time?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

I was kinda partial to Khornye West, but whatever.

#3 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

-Those G-names are killing me.
-Khorne doesn't like Bioshock Infinite... To each his own.
-09:00 "Ain't nobody got time for that"
-I had a few more comments before this but my adobe crashed and I had to refresh.
-Oh god you're all rapping... to 90s Nickelodeon beats. Auuuuugh.
-Honestly thats how it is in most places. At higher positions man do get payed more. People don't see it as much because it's not as bad as it use to be but it's still there.
-"We're making games on a mans mindset" I don't really think thats a problem. The problem would be the person themselves and the tropes they enforce. If you think about it most woman would generally have a more stereotypical view of what man want.
-So again it depends on the person working on the project.
-I always use Mike and Bryan as a fine example of what guys can do for woman in the media. They are the creators of Avatar the last Airbender and Legend of Korra. and every character was fleshed out and well developed. They treated the girls no differently then they treated the males and at the end thats what was best for the show. Then again they also had a lot of female co-workers helping them out but at the end they where leading the charge.
-But like in any project the more people helping you and giving you opinions the more diverse your product can be at the end.
-I love 38:40 goofy gamer voice xD
-I have a problem with Bioshock Infinites cover in general. Because a it shows a tough guy with a gun. Thats not what bioshock is about I would have much preferred the main enemy to be on the cover like in previous covers.
-Some guys aren't comfortable with guys kissing other guys. It doesn't mean they are against gay marriage and want to have witch hunts it just means they are uncomfortable with it.
-I'm uncomfortable with extreme conservatives but by no mean do I think they are bad people or even want to change their views on things. Not that I could even if I wanted to lol.
-Frankly I don't care who kisses who if anything I want to ditch the subtext between Fang and Vanille and just make it text lol.
-"You are limiting yourself if you are not kissing guys" I agree.... xD
-Man 43 minutes in and this is already the most conversational and interesting podcast I have heard so far.
-Wish Jordan had been there to give his input on things too I would have liked to hear his opinions on some of this stuff.
-Yeah people are getting tired of the same old song and dance. There are only so many times you can play the same 5 story lines with different characters.
-I heard Khorne sighing so many times through out this episode lol.
-Oh god someone talked about Blockbuster? I thought that company was buried so deep no one even remembered them anymore lol.
-It's a fact that people are afraid of change even if it is good for them.
-I have taken notice that little by little this episodes keep getting just a few minutes longer. Soon we will be back to 1 hour and 40+ minutes lol.
-Game companies need to stop spending outrages amounts of money on games. Just because rockstar does it and is successful at it doesn't mean everyone else will.
-A good idea is worth much more then throwing money away frivolously on things your game doesn't really need.
-"I saw a bioshock infinite commercial in New Zealand, thats outrages stop!" Hahaha xD
-I think that word of mouth sells things more then marketing. So make a good game and you will have better results then spending millions on trying to sell it.
-The problem is that most of this game developers don't even think they are making good games. They just want to sell them. So if not even they have faith in their own games how do they expect us to? Oh thats right marketing lol.
-58:00 words of wisdom.
-I have no idea what shows Khorne is talking about lol.
-What do you know I actually recognized everyone's voice in this podcast then again there was only 3 people and one of them was khorne and being his stal-.... I mean fan I know what he sounds like.
-Anime is still interesting there are so many good ones out there. Don't just see the mainstream ones I think you would like Ergo Proxy Mashal.
-I had to put "and don't say the end" in there because I know you guys lol.
-Longest comment eeeeever.
-You would be able to boil water but you would also have to clean it. I don't think NZ can afford that, no offense Khorne but for a population like that it would cost more money then you guys could probably afford.
-Good podcast guys probably my favorite so far, Lots of good subjects.

kikyou1.png

#4 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,757 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Woah that's a lof summary points. Gonna have to listen to this episode tomorrow during class. Kiky you should be a special guest for the podunkast one of these days.

Wait was the I only one who voted for Khorne Dogg over Khornye West Jordan? xD

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#5 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 824 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

-Anime is still interesting there are so many good ones out there. Don't just see the mainstream ones I think you would like Ergo Proxy Marcus.

Marshall has seen a bunch of anime from the obscure stuff to more popular stuff (and he is forced to watch bad ones every season due to his crazy podcast friends), though he fell out of it several years ago. And Ergo Proxy isn't that obscure, I mean the ending song is done by Radiohead....

#6 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Marshall has seen a bunch of anime from the obscure stuff to more popular stuff (and he is forced to watch bad ones every season due to his crazy podcast friends), though he fell out of it several years ago. And Ergo Proxy isn't that obscure, I mean the ending song is done by Radiohead....

True, but it's no where near as mainstream as the big 3 or even fairy tail lol. Even comedies like lucky star have it beat on popularity. But it's got a nice following and for good reasons. I bit stale at times but overall a good anime.

Also I love how everyone knows I get names mixed up at this point so you didn't even bother to correct me on the name lol.

kikyou1.png

#7 Marshall Henderson

Marshall Henderson

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I am bad at stuff.

#8 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

An overdue reply reads:

I was kinda partial to Khornye West, but whatever.

Sorry, no one but TK would tell me what they preferred D:

-Those G-names are killing me.
-Oh god you're all rapping... to 90s Nickelodeon beats. Auuuuugh.
-I have a problem with Bioshock Infinites cover in general. Because a it shows a tough guy with a gun. Thats not what bioshock is about I would have much preferred the main enemy to be on the cover like in previous covers.
-Frankly I don't care who kisses who if anything I want to ditch the subtext between Fang and Vanille and just make it text lol.
-Man 43 minutes in and this is already the most conversational and interesting podcast I have heard so far.
-Wish Jordan had been there to give his input on things too I would have liked to hear his opinions on some of this stuff.
-It's a fact that people are afraid of change even if it is good for them.
-I have taken notice that little by little this episodes keep getting just a few minutes longer. Soon we will be back to 1 hour and 40+ minutes lol.
-A good idea is worth much more then throwing money away frivolously on things your game doesn't really need.
-The problem is that most of this game developers don't even think they are making good games. They just want to sell them. So if not even they have faith in their own games how do they expect us to? Oh thats right marketing lol.
-What do you know I actually recognized everyone's voice in this podcast then again there was only 3 people and one of them was khorne and being his stal-.... I mean fan I know what he sounds like.
-Anime is still interesting there are so many good ones out there. Don't just see the mainstream ones I think you would like Ergo Proxy Mashal.

-You can thank me - Kaptain J-Z  ;)

-I actually added that beat afterward. I was surprised by how well it fit with the rapping :P

-AAA titles often have a tendency to display the protagonist holding a powerful weapon. It's not very creative, but I guess it reels in consumers. Glad they have that beautiful reverse cover.

-Oh, there is plenty of that around the net, lol.

-Probably because I died. Maybe I should die more often...

-Yeah, me too. Oh wait, that's me... I do wish I could have added my input, but life gets ahold of you sometimes.

-Like Americans when it comes to politics and gamers when it comes to consoles :/

-Not if I can help it!

-It's the same logic with movies, it seems.

-Games are an art form, but they're also a business. Some devs want to make art while other want nothing more than to make as much money as possible.

-So when I'm there, we all suddenly sound the same?

-Indeed, not all anime is the same. I mean, I watched one about people playing basketball in giant car mechs and I thoroughly enjoyed it :P

Wait was the I only one who voted for Khorne Dogg over Khornye West Jordan? xD

You were the only one who voted, lol. I didn't have time to wait for more people's opinions, so I just rolled with it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Games, Podcast, Funny, BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Ninja Gaiden 3, Vita, 3DS, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed III

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users