#1 Marcus Estrada

Marcus Estrada

GP Managing Editor

• Editor
  • 1,827 posts
  • Twitter:marcusboi
  • LocationSilent Hill, California

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Before it was revealed, many had expected the 3DS XL to come with a second circle pad by default. As it turned out, the system was larger and great in its own ways but the controller configuration was basically the same. Those who would want to play games that benefit from a second Circle Pad would have to grab a Circle Pad Pro.

Of course, one wasn't available for it. The original attachment works fine on 3DS but simply can't fit on the larger 3DS XL. The 3DS XL-specific attachment launched in Japan but US players have been unable to get one without importing. Finally, Nintendo has listed the 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro for purchase.

For $20, you can nab an attachment that works with games such as Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Resident Evil: Revelations. Orders placed on Shop Nintendo will begin shipping out on the 19th.

Do you think Nintendo will eventually incorporate two Circle Pads into the 3DS's design?

Click here to view the article

Posted Image

#2 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,418 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Two circle pads? No probably not and I think it's better they keep it that way. We need one circle pad and one regular one.

kikyou1.png

#3 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Members
  • 2,073 posts
  • Twitter:@gaiages
  • Backloggery:gaiages
  • XBL:gaiages
  • 3DS:4554-0674-7726
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

I dunno, Nintendo kinda failed at using the Cricle Pad Pro with Kid Icarus: Uprising (only really helped for lefties like me... but I got around it otherwise), and third parties aren't even thinking about it.  I doubt they'll actually make a 3DS model until they have a real reason to... but then, I think a lot of consumers will throw a fit.

Posted Image

#4 Royzoga

Royzoga

Podunk Scholar

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • Twitter:@ royzoga
  • Steam:Royzoga
  • PSN:Royzoga
  • XBL:royzoga
  • LocationCherry Hill, NJ

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

The only reason I would ever get one of these would be if I was too lazy and cheap to buy an XL in the first place! The 3DS feels a bit small in my hands so it would make sense there, if only slightly. But adding another piece of plastic onto this already huge sized piece of hardware seems a bit unnecesary. 

Royzoga.png

graphic.png

Care to see what games I own and have beat? Click this thing here ---> Royzoga's Game Collection

Care to see what comics I own and have read? Click this thing here ---> Royzoga's Comic Collection

Care to see what anime I've been watching, have watched, or dropped? Click this thing here --->Royzoga's Anime Profile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3DS, Monster Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users