Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,322 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

I remember Gai posting the game depression quest a while ago. It was a pretty good game and this video really gives an inside in to the blurred line of being depressed and playing video games vs playing video games and getting depressed.

I'm glad gamespot did this video most gaming sites don't want to even bring light to this kinds of topics because it's "bad for business" but gamespot took it head on with a non judgmental way. I hope to see more of this kinds of videos from them as I learned a lot and could relate to some of the things they where going through.

kikyou1.png

#2 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
  • Twitter:@gaiages
  • Backloggery:gaiages
  • XBL:gaiages
  • 3DS:4554-0674-7726
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

This is very interesting to watch!  I'm a bit sad I couldn't look at before... great find Kiky.  :3  It's also rather an eye-opening piece; it's interesting to see real people who have dealt, or are dealing, with depression and their stories.

I know that, there was a time in my life where I had to deal with a lot of sadness and grief, and while trying to do so I was quite literally and suddenly ripped away from any support I had.  So, while dealing with my emotions and coming to terms with what happened, I was placed somewhere far away from my friends and the life I lived and dumped in a place where frankly no one would care if I I was alive or dead.  It was really hard to deal with, and if it weren't for gaming, I don't know where I'd be today.  It wasn't completely healthy, as it was just a form of escapism, but after I got a job and met a couple of new friends (and got re-introduced with old family) I was able to truly start moving on in my life.  Was I suffering from depression?  Honestly, I'm not sure, I would think so but everything was so complicated that it could have just been the shock of everything that happened and the sudden-ness of if it all, but I know that gaming helped me through that rough patch in my life.

Posted Image

#3 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,322 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Don't worry about it knew before I posted that most people probably wouldn't want to talk about the subject but those few who might learn something from it or can relate to the stories would be getting something good out of it. So I decided to share it anyway, I bet gamestop felt the same way while making the video. Thats why they are one of my favorite gaming sites and the most trusted famous one.

kikyou1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Depression, Video games, RPG, MMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info