Photo

Episode 15: The Comedians of Gaming

Video Games Podcast Funny Humor Naruto Zelda Portal Borderlands The Last of Us Beyond: Two Souls

9 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Do you like laughing? We do, too. Well... Some of us do. In this episode, we discuss what games we're currently playing, talk about humor in video games, answer some questions asked by our community, and Khorne lets us know more about New Zealand.

The Game Podunkast

Episode 15: The Comedians of Gaming

Starring: Jordan HaygoodMarshall Hendersonbarrel, and Khorne

OR CLICK HERE

Direct Download

Subscribe to our RSS feed here

Did you enjoy this episode of The Game Podunkast? What would you like to hear us talk about next time?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • Twitter:@gaiages
  • Backloggery:gaiages
  • XBL:gaiages
  • 3DS:4554-0674-7726
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Are you guys gonna run with guest hosts again?  :o  Not that I personally want to be one, but I was wondering what y'all were doing with that.

Posted Image

#3 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Are you guys gonna run with guest hosts again?  :o  Not that I personally want to be one, but I was wondering what y'all were doing with that.

We were talking about bringing someone in soon, but I became too busy to set anyone up the past few weeks. I do plan on trying to get somebody for next week, though. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#4 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,423 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

-4th wall breakings are pretty funny. As long as the game isn't to serious and it doesn't take away from the story.

-I just won bulletstorm a while ago I should get around to playing it.

-When a game has no humor what so ever I find that it's most dramatic moments are it's most hilarious because they are trying to hard to be serious.

-Also you don't go to a funeral and make jokes... People are there to grieve specially the ones closest to the diseased. Most of them aren't going to want to hear jokes.

-Family guys reference are to long and obvious if they where shorter and more subdued I wouldn't mind them. They can hardly be called references when they take up so much time and are so in your face about it.

-Family friendly funny is usually just gas jokes...

-I was listening but I'm not gonna answer.

-27:50 oww..... thank god I wasn't wearing headphones. Yes I am warning everyone else that might hear it.

-But if they keep doing that people are gonna wise up and not as many people are gonna buy at day one. So I agree with what Marshal said.

-Artists get "shafted" in Korea even more then in the states. SNSD is the most popular group in Korea and a lot of parts in Asia. Yet they get less then 25% (probably) of their sales and then they have to split it in 9, then they have to get cuts that will probably take away more then 50% of their revenue. Which ends up with one of them happy if they can buy their parents a decent home. Thats just sad. I remember one of them saying that she was happy she could pay her parents apartments rent. :<

-Even though Beyond: Two souls has big names behind it The Last of Us comes from a studio with a devoted following so this ones going to be tough to tell.

-Linda Carter was awesome in Skyrim...

-"You know what else is fun and interesting... The New Zealand corner!" There is  a sentence I thought I would never hear...

-Dat Joke

-You guys are so obsessed with Lucy Lawless. You talk about her enough for me to notice xD

-"I hate people"-Khorne

kikyou1.png

#5 Marshall Henderson

Marshall Henderson

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

I don't think it's so much that we're obsessed with her than she's just the only person from New Zealand I know besides Khorne.

#6 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,769 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

I grew up watching Xena Princess Warrior and Hercules with my dad lol. Such awesome shows. Lucy is amazing. Also she's in Parks and Recreation as well. :3

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#7 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Wow that sound is crazy... Our podcast is haunted.

#8 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

-4th wall breakings are pretty funny. As long as the game isn't to serious and it doesn't take away from the story.

-I just won bulletstorm a while ago I should get around to playing it.

-Also you don't go to a funeral and make jokes... People are there to grieve specially the ones closest to the diseased. Most of them aren't going to want to hear jokes.

-I was listening but I'm not gonna answer.

-27:50 oww..... thank god I wasn't wearing headphones. Yes I am warning everyone else that might hear it.

-"You know what else is fun and interesting... The New Zealand corner!" There is  a sentence I thought I would never hear...

-Dat Joke

-You guys are so obsessed with Lucy Lawless. You talk about her enough for me to notice xD

-"I hate people"-Khorne

-Most definitely. It'd be kinda awkward if I were playing Silent Hill 2 and James suddenly said "Man, Pyramid Head sure is scary, huh, player...?"

-It's pretty cool. Especially if you like Steve Blum.

-Well I don't mean going to funerals and doing stand-up. I cried at my grandfather's funeral quite a lot, but there were points when my family and I would try cheering each other up a bit. My older brother was also in charge of giving a big speech about him, and he threw jokes in there to lighten the mood a little. It worked, by the way. My point here is that people go to funerals to remember the life of a person who has passed away, not be depressed. People naturally would rather not be sad, and they really do appreciate you cheering them up a little with tasteful humor and optimism. That's my experience, anyway.

-REBEL

-The sound of Marshall returning to our universe is rather strange, innit?

-What, you think everyone listens to our podcast to hear our gaming discussions? It's all about New Zealand, baby!

-Naw, yeah, naw!

-What Marshall said.

-Sorry to disappoint you, but it was I who said that.

Posted Image

#9 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,423 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

-Most definitely. It'd be kinda awkward if I were playing Silent Hill 2 and James suddenly said "Man, Pyramid Head sure is scary, huh, player...?"

-It's pretty cool. Especially if you like Steve Blum.

-Well I don't mean going to funerals and doing stand-up. I cried at my grandfather's funeral quite a lot, but there were points when my family and I would try cheering each other up a bit. My older brother was also in charge of giving a big speech about him, and he threw jokes in there to lighten the mood a little. It worked, by the way. My point here is that people go to funerals to remember the life of a person who has passed away, not be depressed. People naturally would rather not be sad, and they really do appreciate you cheering them up a little with tasteful humor and optimism. That's my experience, anyway.

-REBEL

-The sound of Marshall returning to our universe is rather strange, innit?

-What, you think everyone listens to our podcast to hear our gaming discussions? It's all about New Zealand, baby!

-Naw, yeah, naw!

-What Marshall said.

-Sorry to disappoint you, but it was I who said that.

You said you hate people? You sounded so depressed and pessimistic I had to think it was Khorne xD

Warning long spoiler about funerals.

Spoiler

kikyou1.png

#10 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

You said you hate people? You sounded so depressed and pessimistic I had to think it was Khorne xD

Warning long spoiler about funerals.

Spoiler

Maybe Khorne's depression is rubbing off on me :P

Spoiler

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Games, Podcast, Funny, Humor, Naruto, Zelda, Portal, Borderlands, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users