Photo

Episode 18: Monkey in the Middle: A Game Dev Story

Video Games Podcast Funny Developer Zelda Luigis Mansion Oddworld Resident Evil Indie Creativity

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

The Easter Kaptain

• Community Manager
  • 1,284 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

We may be down a couple of hosts this time around, sure, but at least we were able to drag two guests into the madness to make up for that. Joining us this episode are last week's Raven and newcomer Bizarre Monkey. So let's all make 'em feel at home!

*applause*

In any case, our two guests, as well as myself (Jordan), are actually game developers, so this episode is all about game development. Following our discussion about what games we're currently playing, we give advice to beginner/aspiring game devs, talk about our ideal recipes for good games, discuss the difference between a good game and a successful game, talk about the pros and cons of both big (AAA, etc.) game devs and indies, answer a couple of questions asked by members of our humble community, and Khorne shares a bit about his country in New Zealand Khorner.

The Game Podunkast

Episode 18: Monkey in the Middle: A Game Dev Story

Starring: Jordan HaygoodKhorne, RavenBlueIndigo, and Bizarre Monkey

OR CLICK HERE

Direct Download

Subscribe to our RSS feed here

Did you enjoy this episode of The Game Podunkast? What would you like to hear us talk about next time?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I love it.

+60% profanity because I'm in it.

-20% to everyone else's culpability. Also because I'm in it.

Posted Image
This signature is simply fabulous! Credits to Kikyou1

#3 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

The First Stooge

• Members
  • 2,130 posts
  • Twitter:@kikyouwuv
  • PSN:Kikyou1
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

-FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I was almost done and I pressed backspace and there goes my summary so here is the fast and lazy version.

-Nice piano playing

-Congratulations khorne even though you do hate the community you are loyal to it lol.

-800 songs is a lot

-"I will be talking a lot because I like to hear my self speak" Finally someone that admits it lol

-A war between New Zealand and Austrelia would be the most tame war ever. Unless France and Canada had a war.

-I love skyrim

-I can see how survival horror could be  a sub for action but they just don't mix well together. Like I mentioned before a game is either real horror or you are shooting everything in your way. You can't have both

-Adele isn't your stereo typical hot yet her voice is golden. People will still buy anything she makes because shes that good.

-Lol at the billboard randomly flying at your screen.

-Pyramid bo-bs.... thats all I got out of the old Lara Croft conversation lol.

-Everything.... Eveeeerything Lightning Flawless Farron. She truly is a good character stuck in a horrible game series.

-Zeldas a pretty awesome female character.

-BRS?

-I don't mind what a female character is wearing as long as it looks tasteful. For example (yeah lightning) lol shes usually showing a lot of leg and in the first game she even had a belly button ring. But people don't notice that because shes such a BAMF. There are a lot of other good characters both male and female that do tend to show a lot of skin but people don't notice because their attitudes over shadow their clothes.

-We should have had New Zealand and Australian Corner.

-Obsessed in a bad way lol.

-Lol the bushes

galaxybanner_by_laiilanana-d6l4igs.png

Set made by: LaiilaNana ~by BangSHINee @Deviantart Happy Holidays!

#4 Khorne

Khorne

That Other Kiwi

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Australia isn't worth having it's own corner.

#5 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

The Easter Kaptain

• Community Manager
  • 1,284 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Australia isn't worth having it's own corner.

And it begins...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#6 Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

No I agree, I don't need anymore reason to be a smug self-endorsing piece of god awful smegma.

Posted Image
This signature is simply fabulous! Credits to Kikyou1

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Games, Podcast, Funny, Developer, Zelda, Luigis Mansion, Oddworld, Resident Evil, Indie, Creativity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info