Photo

PS Vita - Are you getting one?

Vita Sony

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: PS Vita - Are you getting one? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you getting a Vita?

1. Yes (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes, but probably not right away (11 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Marcus Estrada

Marcus Estrada

GP Managing Editor

• Editor
  • 1,766 posts
  • Twitter:marcusboi
  • LocationSilent Hill, California

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

The Vita is out soon (sooner for those getting the First Edition bundle) so I figured this was a timely question to ask. Are you getting a Vita? Why or why not? If you are, what are you looking forward to?

For me, I am getting a Vita although I debated with myself for a good long while about it. I also grabbed the PSP day one but regretted it (if only because there weren't enough games I was interested in for a while). This is often the issue that early adopters have. Either that, or there's only one really good game that you have to stick with until everything else releases.

Still I decided to go with it because I'm a glass half full kind of person. It looks like a stylish system with a great deal of functionality so it will be fun to mess around with. Unlike most people though I'm not going to immediately grab any of the possible "must have" titles. No Uncharted, Little Deviants, or whatever else. My first game will probably be Silent Hill: Book of Memories and I say that with absolutely no shame! :P

Also, if you're getting a Vita what size memory card are you getting? The cheapest?

Posted Image

#2 Leah

Leah

Members

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Backloggery:Leah
  • PSN:Evadine
  • XBL:Evadine
  • Wii:2690 4954 3838 1010
  • 3DS:4038-6018-4468
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Probably not... Right away, anyway. Too expensive when the battery life is so poor and it doesn't even come with a memory card like the 3DS does (and the 3DS memory card isn't even required!). That and there aren't really any launch games or games near the Vita's release that I'm interested in.

Probably gonna end up like my situation with the PSP. Didn't get that until yeeeaaars after it came out. And by then all the good games were nice and cheap :)

Posted Image

#3 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'm with Leah on this one.

Didn't get a PSP until Fall 2010 when I bought the Black Friday bundle for $130! It came with a PSP 3000, The Karate Kid UMD (the one with Jackie Chan and Will Smith's kid), LittleBigPlanet, and a...4GB Pro Duo card, I believe. But this time I may not wait as long to get one; especially if there are a lot of games I want. The moment a Kingdom Hearts and/or Final Fantasy game drops, I'll be all over it. :P
Posted Image

#4 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

The 'complete package' (memory card and the actual system) is a bit too much for me, and similar to how I approached the DS and PSP, I waited a good couple of years until the library bulked up and the price dropped until I bought it and I would imagine it would be the same here. That said, the system's relevance will probably depend entirely on how much I can get my JRPG fix for the most part, and between the 3DS and Vita it seems like the Vita will be the only one to satiate that for me (unlike the PSP and DS, where I was crazy over both).

I certainly have my eye on the system. though, since stuff like a new Ys and Shin Megami Tensei game has been teased and ports/remakes of games that I legitimately want to play (/replay) like Persona 4, Malicious, DJMax Technika, Trails of Zero remake; there is also some other odd ends I want to play like Gravity Daze, Uncharted, Little Kings Story 2, Ragnarok Odyssey, Hot Shots Golf and...maybe, Ciel no Surge (I know it doesn't have anything to do with Ar Tonelico, but I'm secretly obligated to play it). Of course, for a lot of those it will rely heavily on some brave publishers or me taking the initiative to tune up my 2nd grade Japanese reading...I hope it's the former that happens.

Edit: Totally not interested in Ciel no Surge in the slightest anymore, it is looking more like one of those Love Plus games when I was thinking it would be more like Beyond the Labyrinth (on 3DS) with some Ar Tonelico elements....not the case.

#5 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm going to wait until I can be absolutely sure the system is worth it, so it may well take me a couple years to get one, if I do at all. The launch lineup is pretty good, but it seems like handhelds have had a problem in recent generations with getting good games early and keeping a good flow of those titles. I know when I got my DS that it sat around for years before really good games started coming out for it. The 3DS also seems to be having that problem and I'm just not comfortable putting down $250 if the Vita ends up the same way.
Posted Image

#6 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

I wanted to wait but I just can't!

I preordered the 3G Launch Bundle on Amazon for $299.99!

Posted Image

#7 Jared

Jared

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 254 posts
  • PSN:randomguard

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I'm heavily considering that I might think about it. The system looks cool, but I just can't buy things for full price. It hurts me knowing I can get it cheaper if I just wait for used deals to pick up.

#8 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'm heavily considering that I might think about it. The system looks cool, but I just can't buy things for full price. It hurts me knowing I can get it cheaper if I just wait for used deals to pick up.

If they hadn't announced that bundle I probably would have waited too but it's just too good to pass up.

Posted Image

#9 Marcus Estrada

Marcus Estrada

GP Managing Editor

• Editor
  • 1,766 posts
  • Twitter:marcusboi
  • LocationSilent Hill, California

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

I would love to wait! I wish I had the patience of you folks because it would save me some money. I don't know if the Vita will have a price drop so suddenly like the 3DS did, but if so then I'm definitely going to be at least a little annoyed. Still, the system looks fantastic for doing a lot more than just gaming. As long as my launch unit isn't borked I predict it'll be a fun new tech toy to mess around with. :lol:

Posted Image

#10 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

21-1

• Moderators
  • 762 posts
  • Twitter:@TheLiztress
  • PSN:The_Liztress
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

I plan to get one when the price drops and the library is bigger. Out of the launch titles, I really don't think too many appeal to me. I do want Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention when it comes out and Persona 4 The Golden.

gallery_13_189_42144.jpg

#11 Jared

Jared

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Persona 4 and Gravity Daze are the games I'm really looking forward to. I don't know enough about the Silent Hill game, but maybe that too. This Lockerz deal going on now is certainly making it a bit more tempting...

#12 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

The Easter Kaptain

• Community Manager
  • 1,286 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'm still too poor to afford me a PSP, so I'll definitely be waiting until my jobs (including GP) pay me enough to pay all my expenses AND have enough to spare for a PSP and 3DS. Then I'll pick up a Vita. That should give me enough time to wait for its library to bulk up a bit and a price drop to possibly happen.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#13 Natalia

Natalia

Attorney General

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Twitter:Rex705
  • Backloggery:I give up.
  • PSN:Xeno_Destroyer
  • Wii:Rex

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well I was trying to win the taco bell contest but that is not working out so I guess I'll have to buy one at some point.

qRFJbAA.gif

#14 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well I was trying to win the taco bell contest but that is not working out so I guess I'll have to buy one at some point.

Lockerz has been running some pretty low prices ($245.99 on the 3G Launch Bundle now) if you have enough points that is.

If you want to go that route, you can watch all 9 "Behind the Seams" videos for 300 ptz a piece and have enough for the max discount.

Posted Image

#15 Direct Hit

Direct Hit

walk like a champion, talk like a champion

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • PSN:diirecthit
  • 3DS:2277-6820-1992
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Sure, but i'll be waiting for a price drop. Vita is going to be over $450 in my country :(
AND ALL THAT I CAN SEE... IS JUST A YELLOW LEMON TREE!
Posted Image

#16 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:Shane_for_Wax
  • PSN:N7Spectrewolf
  • XBL:HouseMDfan
  • 3DS:1891-1677-6846
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

I kinda want to but I barely use my 3DS as it is.

Posted Image

Beta Tester for 10 years. Game Reviewer for 5. Gamer for 20.

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

#17 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

I'm a little surprised there is no negative views standing out right now, just cautious at worst. Was kind of hoping for some mixed opinions like "Well, no UMD passport program, no go. PSN store doesn't even have stuff like Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep or Crisis Core..." or "Most of the games for launch are basically ports or spin-offs; can't say I'm too interested in it right now. Why spend more than a PS3 or 360 for something that offers much less in terms of games and is on a tiny screen?" or even "My PSP only collected dust. Can't say I'm confident that the Vita will not do the same...". Well. actually, maybe it isn't best to rile people up but I thought people would be more cynical like they were for the 3DS launch.

#18 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'd have to do a wait and see also barely use my psp but I do see myself playing the Vita more especially with Persona 4 The Golden and Uncharted Golden Abyss in the lineup. :)

#19 Jared

Jared

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I was just about to snap and get the Lockerz bundle, but i don't think it comes with Little Deviants (I might be wrong). Odds are I'll wait for Gravity Daze to come out before I buy one.

#20 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I was just about to snap and get the Lockerz bundle, but i don't think it comes with Little Deviants (I might be wrong). Odds are I'll wait for Gravity Daze to come out before I buy one.

The Little Deviants bundle is different. This one comes with an 8 GB memory card, PSN game and At&t data pass. No announcement on what game or choice of games yet.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vita, Sony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com