Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 578 posts
  • Twitter:@MRxDURDEN
  • PSN:TYLERxDURDEN
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

There have been hundreds if not thousands of Final Fantasy characters over the years. Each has their own unique personality and narrative. Which FF characters did you love the most?

Personally, my favorites are Cloud (FFVII), Auron (FFX) and Blank (FFIX). The first is as cliche as you can get, the second is pretty standard and the third is pretty random. Feel free to add a little diversity to your choices as well!

Posted Image

#2 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Oh man, where to start, haha...

My favorites are Shadow (FFVI), Tifa (FFVII), Beatrix (FFIX), Blank (FFIX), and Balthier (FFXII). In particular, I really like Shadow not only for his cool outfit and appearance, but also because he's literally on no one's side until the very end of the game, and I thought that was an interesting dynamic. Similarly, I love how they built Beatrix up to be a really strong female in FFIX, breaking the damsel in distress cliche that many games were still attuned to.
Posted Image

#3 Dominic Dimanche

Dominic Dimanche

GP Member

• Editor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGeneric Village, USA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I adore Beatrix, Tifa, Paine, and Lulu have a soft spot in my heart. My main dudes have gotta be Zidane, Amarant, Freya is my secret lover, I love Ashe and Panello too. I can go on forever!!!
Dominic Dimanche: Word Writer, Gamer, Professional P.Y.T

#4 high ate us

high ate us

Podunk Reader

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Lightning, hands down.

high ate us

#5 Leah

Leah

Naoto's Wife

• Editor
  • 367 posts
  • Twitter:khaleahsi
  • Backloggery:Leah
  • Steam:Evadine
  • PSN:Evadine
  • XBL:Evadine
  • Wii:Evadine
  • 3DS:4038-6018-4468
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Umm let's see... :D I adore Balthier and Fran from FFXII. Yuna, Rikku, and Auron from FFX. Cid from FFVII.

Posted Image

#6 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 859 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Edgar/Kefka (FFVI), Selphie (FFVIII) Zidane (FFIX), Rikku (FFX) Balthier (FFXII), and Lightning (FFXIII)

Hmm, because Edgar is a playa, Zidane is a playa, and Balthier is a really classy playa...and Kefka is Kefka. Rikku and Selphie because they sort of lightened up the mood of two games that took themselves too seriously at times, and because they wore orange (ok, for Selphie I'm not sure it's probably yellow, but I'm too lazy to google and confirm it). Lightning may be entirely because I think she is smexy....I mean also because she is cool and kicks butt, right, those too **reassures self**. I admit, I really liked IX's cast, but I'll refrain from listing more.

After playing XIII-2, I admit I am kind of surprised I like Noel and Caius, not sure if they are favorites but they're cool I thought.

#7 Marshall Henderson

Marshall Henderson

Senior Editor

• Editor
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

Balthier (FFXII)

Zidane

Balthier

Zidane (FFIX) ... Balthier (FFXII)

These people have covered it.

#8 Andres

Andres

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Mines from the Hero side is Cloud and Squall and from the Heroine side is Terra and Lightning :D

#9 John Kidman

John Kidman

Podunk Reader

• Editor
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

FFIV - Kain
FFVI - Kefka (favorite non-playable character)
FFVI - Setzer
FFVI - Sabin
FFIX - Vivi
FFX - Rikku
FFXII - Balthier (the only playable character I really liked)
FFXIII - Lightning (desipite what the haters say)
Nearly Every game - Cid

In particular, I really like Shadow not only for his cool outfit and appearance, but also because he's literally on no one's side until the very end of the game, and I thought that was an interesting dynamic.

So, you're trying to say that you're doing it wrong if you left him behind? :)

#10 Sailor Liztress

Sailor Liztress

Sērā Senshi

• Moderators
  • 827 posts
  • Twitter:@TheLiztress
  • PSN:The_Liztress
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Gosh, I have a few favorites.

Female: Ashe, Lulu, Lightning, Terra, Fran, Quistis, Rinoa

Male: Sephiroth (yeah, yeah...), Balthier, Zidane, Kefka, Sazh, Noel, Auron

Only ones I can really give a reason as to why I like them is Sephiroth (I'm a sucker for the long hair), Balthier (ladies man!), Kefka (homicidal manic), Lightning (badass chick), and Fran (she put up with Balthier's womanizing ways for years AND she's amazing).

gallery_13_189_800699.gif

In the name of Game Podunk, I'll punish you

#11 Andres

Andres

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

FFIV - Kain
FFVI - Kefka (favorite non-playable character)
FFVI - Setzer
FFVI - Sabin
FFIX - Vivi
FFX - Rikku
FFXII - Balthier (the only playable character I really liked)
FFXIII - Lightning (desipite what the haters say)
Nearly Every game - Cid

So, you're trying to say that you're doing it wrong if you left him behind? :)

lol i still don't know why people hate Lightning. I mean her character is great and she looks very cool. I just don't get why they hate her though???

#12 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationMesa AZ

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'll say Squall since FF8 was the last Final Fantasy game I actually finished.

#13 high ate us

high ate us

Podunk Reader

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

lol i still don't know why people hate Lightning. I mean her character is great and she looks very cool. I just don't get why they hate her though???

Wait, people actually hate Lightning? I've yet to meet someone that doesn't like her o_o

high ate us

#14 Andres

Andres

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wait, people actually hate Lightning? I've yet to meet someone that doesn't like her o_o

Believe it or not yeah they do. I don't know why they would hate her... She is Awesome!!! =D

#15 Rookscastle

Rookscastle

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

To tell the truth I have to say Auron from FFX, I am not a huge fan of FFX in terms of characters but Auron made want to see the end. I've got two more that are close and they are Lulu from FFX and Quistis from FFVIII.

#16 Andres

Andres

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

To tell the truth I have to say Auron from FFX, I am not a huge fan of FFX in terms of characters but Auron made want to see the end. I've got two more that are close and they are Lulu from FFX and Quistis from FFVIII.

Yeah Auron was badass and Lulu and Quistis was pretty good characters in their own right =D

#17 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • PSN:Veridis_Quo
  • XBL:Kontrabida
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was pretty late with FF but I did come into it with a great game and that was FFX. The one character that stood out for me was Auron. He was just really cool, didn't say too much but when he did you know it was important. He had presence about him as well - almost like a tired samurai and the end of the road. I guess that's what made him really interesting. You'd want to know more about him and why he is the way he is. His character was developed well and I was satisfied with how the game handled him through the end. Characters like Auron are among the best remember in the series for me.
Posted Image

#18 Andres

Andres

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

I was pretty late with FF but I did come into it with a great game and that was FFX. The one character that stood out for me was Auron. He was just really cool, didn't say too much but when he did you know it was important. He had presence about him as well - almost like a tired samurai and the end of the road. I guess that's what made him really interesting. You'd want to know more about him and why he is the way he is. His character was developed well and I was satisfied with how the game handled him through the end. Characters like Auron are among the best remember in the series for me.

He was very well made that's for sure lol. His personality was just awesome from beginning to end :D

#19 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,804 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Other than Cloud, Squall, Zidane, etc. Too much awesome characters, I'd say the sexy girls of Final Fantasy. Aw yeah! ;)

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#20 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,349 posts
  • Twitter:kiet86
  • Steam:kiet86
  • PSN:DarkCobra86
  • XBL:DarkCobra86
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well my favorite FF game is FF7 so I always go for Cloud. But after playing crisis core, I actually think my favorite now is Zack. He is just so much cooler, and I mean cloud was so bad in that game, just so weak and pathetic. Just that final scene with Zack in crisis core was so epic, I teared up inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users