Photo

How the Diablo III auction will work. Specifically the real money side.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shin GenX

Shin GenX

Podunk Reader

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • XBL:Shin GenXsis

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Here is what I think people will be most interested in. How much money will Blizzard take from you ^^?

Here it is from their official website.

Auction House FeesBefore you post your auction, you’ll see any fees that apply to your listing displayed in the center section of the Sell tab.These fees will only be charged if your auction successfully sells, and will automatically be deducted from the item’s final selling price.

FOR EQUIPMENT (weapons, armor, accessories, and other unique items)

• Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
  • Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): $1.00 USD per item / $1.00 AUD per item
  • Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

FOR COMMODITIES (gems, materials, dyes, pages, recipes, and other non-unique items)
  • Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
  • Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): 15% of final sale price
  • Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

http://us.battle.net...on-house/how-to

#2 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,183 posts
  • Twitter:kiet86
  • Steam:kiet86
  • PSN:DarkCobra86
  • XBL:DarkCobra86
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Yea I saw this. Very smart of them. They will make a good amount from this. Well guess this was their intention from the start instead of having items being sold on ebay or craiglist. This way they will make money and at the same time know what you are selling. Also provides a place for D3 players to easily post and buy things.

I think the $1 per item is cheap and a lot will go with that. For the commodities though, 15% can be a huge sum when it is all said and done. I guess it depends on how rare or good these items get and how much people are willing to spend on it. I don't know the price market of how much items/weapons/armor etc are sold in D2 and if that will mirror for D3. But I imagine you could make a nice amount of money from wheeling and dealing.

#3 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

The C.W.M.

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Twitter:@Darklurkr23
  • Backloggery:Over 30 Games xbla/psn/pc combined XD
  • PSN:Darklurkr23
  • XBL:Darklurkr23
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Yea watch somebody finds some Rare Diablo's Blood Covered Horn or something and it goes for like 6 Grand on the auction house xD

Very weary of real money for digital crap. Already did that awhile back w/ Magic Online before I found a free-program (Magic Workstation)

Still if peopl have money to waste..... (>>)

#4 Shin GenX

Shin GenX

Podunk Reader

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • XBL:Shin GenXsis

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Supposedly Blizzard is putting a $250 cap on the auctions. I think it is to prevent something like that as well as making Blizzard more money ^^

#5 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,183 posts
  • Twitter:kiet86
  • Steam:kiet86
  • PSN:DarkCobra86
  • XBL:DarkCobra86
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

Supposedly Blizzard is putting a $250 cap on the auctions. I think it is to prevent something like that as well as making Blizzard more money ^^

Bad call for them because they really could get some serious cash from this. Well, $250 is still a lot for a digital item but knowing how rare some of these items can be from D2, the prices can definitely be in the thousands. I know a couple of friends claiming how they played so much of D2 that they found all these super rare items. And had they sold their accounts instead of letting it get deactivated after not playing for so long, that they could definitely made a lot of money. I think they said in the thousands at the time. But this is a whole account though and it is on ebay so things were always being bid up without a cap.

I really wonder if there is no cap, which items will end up going for the most amount. Because if it is capped at $250, all the rare or amazing items will just be at the market price of $250.

How do you bid if more than one person willing to pay $250? Or is it the first that gets to $250 win?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info