• Community Manager
  • 2,469 posts
  • Twitter:@philosojoe
  • Steam:[][][]
  • PSN:Spokey-Who
  • 3DS:2766-8355-7515
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

For the sake of clarity, click to view the image in full-size. I will eventually get the dimensions of the board down, but until I do there is this. Without further ado, get going! 

P.S. If you have been paying attention to the status updates, you already know what the "Mystery Item" is!

U.S. Residents Only!

Update: I forgot to add this in the image below, but cropping your entry/submission (to remove HUD and what not) is acceptable. 

Update #2: You have to be the one to take the picture. Of course there is no real way to gauge this, but it should be mentioned.

Spoiler

Spokey-Who.png

#2 Venom

Venom

Time for a Mac Attack

• Members
  • 2,230 posts
  • Twitter:@vennimous
  • Steam:Vinnie Venomous
  • PSN:Star_Woolph
  • 3DS:3738-0044-8509
  • LocationTN

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

I'll start with this one to make sure I'm doin it rite.

Spoiler

I will almost certainly change my picture and theme after looking through my Steam screenshots, so, would we make another post or just edit our original one?

#3 Ciel

Ciel

"See-Elle"

• Community Manager
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Cool, I'm glad you posted that for example's sake. Now what you would do is just edit the theme and image within the spoiler tag. Whatever is there by the end of the contest will be your entry.

Spokey-Who.png

#4 Guest_..._*

Guest_..._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

I cant take screens on the ps3 so i kinda need gimp to re size it after i take the pic with my phone guess im dqed for this one.

#5 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Members
  • 2,138 posts
  • Twitter:@gaiages
  • Backloggery:gaiages
  • XBL:gaiages
  • 3DS:4554-0674-7726
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

I cant take screens on the ps3 so i kinda need gimp to re size it after i take the pic with my phone guess im dqed for this one.

You can press the start and PS button at the same time to take a screenshot, with certain limitations.

jolty_zps5ef9881c.png

#6 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

I think I speak for Ciel when I say that resizing the picture is probably the one exception we can definitely make for using an image editor, so you should be safe on that front, Kiky.

Posted Image

#7 Ciel

Ciel

"See-Elle"

• Community Manager
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Feel free to re-size the image. The image editing nonsense is just in regards to making it look "better" by adjusting/adding things.

Spokey-Who.png

#8 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,846 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

You can press the start and PS button at the same time to take a screenshot, with certain limitations.

Thanks gai. Wish I knew this long ago as there were lots of funny stuff during my PS3 gaming and take pics.

Man I had the perfect movement theme.

One time during Infamous 2, Cole was running around fighting enemies and his body suddenly glitched and stretched out. It was pretty funny wish I taken that movement pic. He moved to be stretchy.

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#9 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Twitter:MrNinjaSquirrel
  • Steam:MrNinjaSquirrel
  • PSN:A_Different_Nate
  • XBL:MrNinjaSquirrel
  • LocationA Curious Village

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Update: changed my pic and am now going with movement (I guess?)

Spoiler

76561198022997080.png

#10 Guest_..._*

Guest_..._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Tried it several times maybe it doesnt work for certain games.

#11 Ciel

Ciel

"See-Elle"

• Community Manager
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

This only works with so many games. There might be a list floating around on the Internet, I will see what I can find and add it to the original post of this topic.

Spokey-Who.png

#12 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Twitter:MrNinjaSquirrel
  • Steam:MrNinjaSquirrel
  • PSN:A_Different_Nate
  • XBL:MrNinjaSquirrel
  • LocationA Curious Village

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, the game has to have had that feature enabled by the developer (which I'm guessing wasn't done for a lot of games as it's rather low on the list of priorities). You can probably find a list of games you can screencap in if you feel like googling.

EDIT: flipping ninja post

76561198022997080.png

#13 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts
  • Twitter:kiet86
  • Steam:kiet86
  • PSN:DarkCobra86
  • XBL:DarkCobra86
  • LocationMarietta, Ga

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:20 AM

How do you take a screenshot in a PC game? Print Screen and go through Paint?

I think I got an idea for Empathy but it may or may not be funny. But that I will have to probably take my a picture with my phone because it is on an older game.

#14 Ciel

Ciel

"See-Elle"

• Community Manager
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:11 AM

How do you take a screenshot in a PC game? Print Screen and go through Paint?

I think I got an idea for Empathy but it may or may not be funny. But that I will have to probably take my a picture with my phone because it is on an older game.

If you are in Steam it is F12. If you are not in Steam then Print Screen would work. Then yeah, open through Paint, or whatever, save it, upload it. Phone works too.

Spokey-Who.png

#15 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,846 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Ciel. Glad to know we can use phone for PS3 games lol. Hope more people will join and the pictures will definitely be a lot of fun to create. Although F12 on Windows 8 doesn't work, but I learned you need to press a button plus F12 at the same time. I just realized I can take some screenshots of some mobile games on phone. Woo!

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#16 Ciel

Ciel

"See-Elle"

• Community Manager
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Ciel. Glad to know we can use phone for PS3 games lol. Hope more people will join and the pictures will definitely be a lot of fun to create. Although F12 on Windows 8 doesn't work, but I learned you need to press a button plus F12 at the same time. I just realized I can take some screenshots of some mobile games on phone. Woo!

F12 should work in Steam... 

Spokey-Who.png

#17 Venom

Venom

Time for a Mac Attack

• Members
  • 2,230 posts
  • Twitter:@vennimous
  • Steam:Vinnie Venomous
  • PSN:Star_Woolph
  • 3DS:3738-0044-8509
  • LocationTN

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

I think it's because of different laptops, with some of them pressing the Function keys does other things, like turning on/off certain features like webcam or whatever, and you have to hold the Fn key and press the Function key at the same time to make them be, you know, just Function keys. It's the opposite on my laptop (I have to press Fn to make them do other things) but I know one of my professors was saying that some laptops are made so that you have to press it to make them do what they're normally supposed to do.

#18 Guest_..._*

Guest_..._*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

After taking a few pics with my phone I came to the conclusion its just not gonna happen they all look like poo.

Just for the lulz I'm gonna put my Nord riding a horse naked. In the middle of Winter. Because why not? Thats how real man ride horses, if you don't ride a horse like that you're doing it wrong.

Spoiler

#19 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Members
  • 2,138 posts
  • Twitter:@gaiages
  • Backloggery:gaiages
  • XBL:gaiages
  • 3DS:4554-0674-7726
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

I think it's because of different laptops, with some of them pressing the Function keys does other things, like turning on/off certain features like webcam or whatever, and you have to hold the Fn key and press the Function key at the same time to make them be, you know, just Function keys. It's the opposite on my laptop (I have to press Fn to make them do other things) but I know one of my professors was saying that some laptops are made so that you have to press it to make them do what they're normally supposed to do.

Yeah, my laptop's like that.  I have to press the 'Fn' button it order to access the F buttons; if I just try pressing said buttons, I'll get to turn my bluetooth on and off and mess with my music or whatever useless thing I don't want to do, heh.

jolty_zps5ef9881c.png

#20 Royzoga

Royzoga

Podunk Scholar

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Twitter:@ royzoga
  • Steam:Royzoga
  • PSN:Royzoga
  • XBL:royzoga
  • LocationCherry Hill, NJ

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

I should find like a funny Fire Emblem situation when I'm bored or something. I tend to not really wanna take pictures when I play, or more like when I'm playing I never have it in my mind to take pictures. It's always after the fact that I'm like, damn, that would have been a great screen shot. Haha, anyway, good luck to everyone!

Royzoga.png

graphic.png

Care to see what games I own and have beat? Click this thing here ---> Royzoga's Game Collection

Care to see what comics I own and have read? Click this thing here ---> Royzoga's Comic Collection

Care to see what anime I've been watching, have watched, or dropped? Click this thing here --->Royzoga's Anime Profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users