• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

In an unfortunate turn of events, it was revealed by Siliconera that XSEED is now unable to publish Grand Knights History due to not having enough development resources for localization.

Possible reasons may include the fact that Vanillaware (the developer of Grand Knight's History) could be putting all of their effort into developing Dragon's Crown, of which Atlus recently took over publishing duties (and partial development as well).

In addition, XSEED might have its hands full with upcoming releases, such as the highly anticipated RPG The Last Story, which is set to release sometime over the summer.

Whatever the reason, it's a shame to hear that what could have been one of the last great PSP titles won't make it over here now. We can only hope another publisher will pick it up now, unless XSEED plans to release it sometime further down the road.

Click here to view the article
Posted Image

#2 Leah

Leah

Naoto's Wife

• Editor
  • 382 posts
  • Twitter:khaleahsi
  • Backloggery:Leah
  • Steam:Evadine
  • PSN:Evadine
  • XBL:Evadine
  • Wii:Evadine
  • 3DS:4038-6018-4468
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

I really hope this is just some kind of "hiatus" and both companies will get back to work on Grand Knight's History sometime in the near future (once Dragon's Crown is done)... :/

GKH looks so pretty and I was looking forward to it much more than Dragon's Crown.

Posted Image

#3 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 961 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

I feel the same way as Leah in regards to being much more interested in it than Dragon's Crown; I'm not even the biggest Vanillaware fan but was curious about it (I try to like their games but... they usually feel like all style no substance to me in the end.). I thought I heard something like XSeed had the entire script translated like last year, but Vanillaware just hasn't been in contact with XSeed to code the script into the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users