HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
DarkCobra86

Olympics

So have anyone been watching Olympics?

I personally have been trying to watch as much as I can.

Do you have anyone you are rooting for? I“m rooting Americans of course. So happy that Michael Phelps have swam so well and won 3 medals so far.

Any favorite events for anyone? I love swimming, gymnastics, and track and field. Basically I try to catch all the sports if I can but all the ones that you rarely get to see outside of Olympics like Volleyball (indoor and beach), Taekwondo (haven“t seen any yet), gymnastics, swimming.

I usually try to catch it whenever I can or otherwise I tune into Sportscenter and the news to check the latest updates. I did watch Phelps get his gold and along with the women's swimming team as well. They did an awesome job! I've been wanting to watch rugby football, but don't know when it's on. I use twitter, reddit, Sportscenter, and news for updates. 

On a side note did you see that gruesome injury from the gymnastics team? Very unfortunate that happened. The guy landed and his lower leg just split. Terrible! 

I usually try to catch it whenever I can or otherwise I tune into Sportscenter and the news to check the latest updates. I did watch Phelps get his gold and along with the women's swimming team as well. They did an awesome job! I've been wanting to watch rugby football, but don't know when it's on. I use twitter, reddit, Sportscenter, and news for updates. 

On a side note did you see that gruesome injury from the gymnastics team? Very unfortunate that happened. The guy landed and his lower leg just split. Terrible! 

That was painful to watch, and on top of that, he was dropped by the medical personal on his way out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZ8KxVmyzo)

Yes i've been watching the olympics, i always love the olympic games, and now that i am unempleoyed, i never miss a thing! My country has been doing so poorly and we have yet to get a medal, but the games have been entretaining anyway  ^_^ 

I've been watching some of it during primetime when I'm eating dinner. Apparently, the Final Five US gymnasts are crazy good; I've been hearing reports that they're one of the best US gymnastics teams ever.

Missed most of the big swimming races, but cool to hear that Phelps got the second gold.

I just saw a playback of one guy getting hurt and then having to come back out to help him team on the pummel horse to make it to the team final. And then the GB girl landing on her head and had to leave the area and then came back to do 2 vaults to also help her team qualify for the team finals.

I've been watching some of it during primetime when I'm eating dinner. Apparently, the Final Five US gymnasts are crazy good; I've been hearing reports that they're one of the best US gymnastics teams ever.

Missed most of the big swimming races, but cool to hear that Phelps got the second gold.

Yes, the final 5 is insanely good. Mainly because they are lead by Simone Biles who is the 3 time reigning all around world champion. They said she hasn't lost in 4 years.

There are some amazing stories. Kohei Uchimura barely defended his all around gold and I think that is now 8 years without being unbeaten in the all around. Katie Ledecky never have lost an individual finals. Phelps and Lockey have won the last 13 200 individual medley. Kerri Walsh never have lost in Olympic play and her partner, April Ross only have lost once (to Walsh in the London final). So yea, lots of amazing stories and more that I probably forgot to list.

Yes i've been watching the olympics, i always love the olympic games, and now that i am unempleoyed, i never miss a thing! My country has been doing so poorly and we have yet to get a medal, but the games have been entretaining anyway  ^_^ 

As long as everyone is competing their hardest that is what matters. In the end, you always will see the big country get the highest medal count just base on the sheer amount of contestant they can put forth. Plus, they have the ability and resources to train people to prepare them. Smaller and third world countries don't have that same edge but they do their best. Not saying Mexico is a smaller country or anything. But they'll get one eventually :).

Great ending for Michael Phelps being able to do the relay one last time and winning another gold. Potentially his last gold.

I like watching the obscure events like Handball and trying to figure out the damn rules

I like watching the obscure events like Handball and trying to figure out the damn rules

What channel do they show those events on? I thought the Olympics were exclusive to NBC (or maybe they show it during the day?) and all I ever see them air is the swimming, track, and gymnastics. :wacko:

What channel do they show those events on? I thought the Olympics were exclusive to NBC (or maybe they show it during the day?) and all I ever see them air is the swimming, track, and gymnastics. :wacko:

Yeah during the day they'll be on like MSBNC and USA and a few other channels

• Like 1

Gawd Rio is such a an awful place that I keep hearing news of Olympians getting robbed by people. Also horrible conditions with the Zika virus and I heard one of the pools was green.

Anyways kept up by watching the news, Sportcenter, twitter hilights, and such. 

Was upset that the power went out and I had to miss Usain Bolt's gold medal run. There's nothing like watching events live.

Gawd Rio is such a an awful place that I keep hearing news of Olympians getting robbed by people. Also horrible conditions with the Zika virus and I heard one of the pools was green.

Anyways kept up by watching the news, Sportcenter, twitter hilights, and such. 

The IOC denied that story saying it wasn't true that Locte and 3 other swimmer was held at gunpoint.

Was upset that the power went out and I had to miss Usain Bolt's gold medal run. There's nothing like watching events live.

That was an amazing race. Bolt doesn't start well normally and this start was the same. I thought he was going to lose. But about half way he saw that he was behind and then went top speed and won. He even jogged in near the end when he knew he won. If he run for real, I think he could had a chance at another world record.

I used to play handball when I was younger and it was so fun. I try to catch all the sports event that you normally don't get to see often in the US during the day.

If you haven't seen it yet, this was pretty funny.

Apparently Simone Biles was unaware there was a bee in her flowers until it started to buzz around.

I like how the girl that got silver was just like "uhmm might want to take a look at your flower"

That was hilarious. What I like about the Olympics is everyone being friendly and sportsmanship together like world peace. Last night I I saw Usain Bolt and De Grasse being lukewarm to each other during one of the races while running. It was pretty cool. xD

That was hilarious. What I like about the Olympics is everyone being friendly and sportsmanship together like world peace. Last night I I saw Usain Bolt and De Grasse being lukewarm to each other during one of the races while running. It was pretty cool. xD

Yea and then in the finals he showed everyone including De Grasses that they aren't on his level yet.

Yea and then in the finals he showed everyone including De Grasses that they aren't on his level yet.

Indeed. Can't beat the fastest man alive. If Superheroes were real he'd be the Flash in our world lol. Michael Phelps is Aquaman lol.

Indeed. Can't beat the fastest man alive. If Superheroes were real he'd be the Flash in our world lol. Michael Phelps is Aquaman lol.

Haha very true

I always get sad when the olympic games are over, lol. Great ones. 

So this happened at the Olympics! Pretty awesome! Prime Minister of Japan teasing next Olympics in Japan in 2020.

(gif won't appear cuz GP don't like the extension)

EDIT: Goddang it GP why don't like these image file extensions?! Here's the link http://i.imgur.com/29itnZa.gifv

So this happened at the Olympics! Pretty awesome! Prime Minister of Japan teasing next Olympics in Japan in 2020.

(gif won't appear cuz GP don't like the extension)

EDIT: Goddang it GP why don't like these image file extensions?! Here's the link http://i.imgur.com/29itnZa.gifv

When in doubt, always turn to Youtube! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkXqVf5jcYY

The youtube video has been taken down. I didn't see the closing ceremony but I did get to see the image. It was pretty awesome. I feel like Tokyo can give Beijeng a run for it's money on the opening ceremony.

Lol Jason we failed at providing evidence, but I'm sure everyone will probably see it on twitter or something.

Anyways....

After seeing that I'm hyped up for Mario and Sonic at the Olympics in 2020. I hope I'm still alive that year. 4 years is a long way to go and this is my 4th year being on GP as well.

I wonder how many ionic games and games character will Tokyo include. I mean they just got to many and some big name and big franchises. And of course they have more than just video games to offer. So how much can they pack into the opening and closing ceremony. We got mangas and anime as well.