HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Lindsay Lohan lost that GTA 5 lawsuit by the way

Remember a while back, Lindsay Lohan sued Rockstar because she claimed they had used her likeness? Apparently she lost that battle (not surprisingly).

What it came down to in the lawsuit was the fact that Rockstar never referred to her by name or used the name in-game, and never used her as a model or even a picture of her (and I assume sufficient proof followed for that). Lohan never really had any proof at all beyond a few vague references to Mean Girls. Even then, I'm sure that all falls under parody.

Also, someone brought it up on Twitter, but if anyone has grounds to sue, it's clearly model Kate Upton as the picture in the spoiler below shows.

kate-upton-gta-1200x804.png

Anyhow, if you want to check out the full story, you can read it here.

I'm surprised this case took so long to get thrown out. I went to a panel a couple years ago to hear a lawyer talk, and this case was brought up.

All of this falls under parody and satire. If I recall correctly, the character is question is supposed to be a parody of certain celebrities as a whole at the time, not one specific person, even if said character does look a lot like someone.

I thought this was long resolved already. Didn't even know something like this would take so long to resolve.